Thursday, June 12, 2014

Reviving and Exciting

It's been a long time since I posted on this blog. I kept meaning to come back to it, but the time never worked out right. I'm not sure how the time is working now, especially since we now have a three month old in the house. It just seems like life is settling down into bliss for the first time in a very long time. I've been crocheting and cooking a lot these days. I find that doing these things calms me in a way I never thought they would. I like creating with my hands, and I like creating things for other people to enjoy. I'm not sure when my wanderlust started to wane, but, in many ways, that waning has been the best thing for me and for my family.

My current projects are a little out of control. I have five different crochet projects happening right now, all of which I try to work on a couple of times a week. The one I'm focusing most on at the moment is the granny square shawl I am making for my Gran for Christmas. (I have to get most of my Christmas making done during the summer, as I am a teacher the rest of the year.)


I'm winging the pattern, mostly because it's so simple. Once it's complete, I will also be adding a border to it, which is something I still manage to struggle with in my crocheting. We'll see. 

I'm seriously considering using this blog to post free patterns for all the things I crochet, mainly because having to pay for crochet patterns is frustrating and I like sharing. I'll start working on a few patterns and see if I can have them up in the next week or so.

Now, I hear a little girl waking up from her nap. Time to get some tummy time going!





No comments:

Post a Comment