Thursday, June 9, 2011

Honey Cowl

I recently stumbled across a free pattern for a Honey Cowl over at madelinetosh. So I decided to give it a whirl. I made the smaller of the sizes (110 sts instead of 220) and I halved the width because I don't want 11 inches wrapped around my neck during the winter. That's more to do with my hot naturedness than anything else.

This was the first time I actually knitted in the round. Usually I knit and then join. Working in the round makes the project so much easier and streamlined. I won't do the joining thing again.

The only thing I don't like about the cowl is the size of the yarn. I used a Wool Ease yard and now I realize it is entirely too thick for the pattern to be really defined. When I decide to make 220 sts cowl, I'll go with a different yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment