But you know what's even better? Making a big batch of bbq that can feed your family all week long if need be. Oh, and of course, you can also take it to family functions...that is if you're willing to share.
So, here's what you need:
- 5 lb boneless pork butt shoulder
- 1 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup of water
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings
- Place your pork butt in a slow cooker
- Rub the pork butt evenly with your seasoning
- Pour the cup of water into the bottom of the slow cooker
- Cook your pork butt on low heat for 8 hours
- Shred your bbq with a fork in a large bowl.
Now, you can eat it as is. And trust me when I say it's really good like that. But usually, I'll separate the bbq into two different containers, leaving one of them as is. With the other I mix in 1 cup of Uncle Yammy's Southern Style BBQ Sauce and 1 cup of Shealy's BBQ Sauce, both of which you can find at the grocery store. This is the BBQ we eat with grilled corn on the cob and fried potatoes.
The epitome of a southern summer meal!