|Just out of the oven|
- 1 lb. of chicken breast, cut into tiny, bite-sized pieces
- a spoonful of butter or margarine
- 3 cups of mixed veg, thawed and drained
- 1 container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme Italian Cheese and Herb*
- 2 deep dished pie crusts
- Heat oven to 400°
- In a skillet, melt butter and brown the bite-sized pieces of chicken
- Add veg and cook through for 2-3 minutes
- Add Cooking Creme and heat through until mixture just begins to bubble
- Spoon into one deep dished pie crust
- Top with the other pie crust (please read explanation below) and cut slits in the top
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
Now, the explanation of step 6:
The original recipe (the one linked above) says to just put the mixture in a pie tin and then cover with a crust. I don't like pot pies like that. I like my pot pies to be surrounded by crust, both top and bottom. But, when I went to the grocery store, I only got the deep dished crusts and forgot to get the roll out pie "top" that most people would use in this situation. Of course, I could of made the top from scratch, but no. So, after I put the mixture in one pie shell, I ran a knife around the rim of the second pie crust, cutting the fluted edges off and then turned the pie crust tin upside down until it (the crust) dropped out in one nice sheet. I then placed it over my mixture already on the first pie shell and thumb smashed the edges of the two crusts together. Turned out great.
|Creamy and flavorful and divine|
Of course, it doesn't quite cut into "pie" pieces. But so what. It's yummy no matter what.
|Before the massacre.|
*The actual recipe called for Savory Garlic Cooking Creme. My grocery store was out of that flavor, so I got the Italian Cheese and Herb. It was yummy.